SILVIS, Illinois – Embry-Riddle senior golfer Matt Andrews missed the final cut at the four-round NAIA National Championships Thursday night at TPC Deere Run, falling 14 spots and into a five-way tie for 68th after firing a 75 (+4) in the third round.
Andrews ended the tournament at +9 overall (76-71-75 – 222). He finished 19 strokes back of front-runner S.M. Lee of Dalton State, who owned a –10 (69-68-66 – 203) at the end of the third round and is one of 94 golfers (includes qualifying teams and individuals) who advanced to Friday’s final round.
Doug Cook is a sports reporter for The Daily Courier. Follow him on Twitter at @dougout_dc. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-445-3333, ext. 2039.
More like this story
- Embry-Riddle women’s golf tied for 8th at nationals after wet Day 1
- Embry-Riddle golf sweeps Spring Invite in Prescott
- Jessica Williams leads Embry-Riddle to Cal-Pac title, claims individual crown
- Embry-Riddle women’s golf takes 2nd at Ottawa invite
- Embry-Riddle women sit atop Cal-Pac leaderboard after day one in Mesa